THE ISLE of WIGHT TARGET SHOOTING ASSOCIATION
Black Powder Pistol Postal Competition.
FIREARMS TO BE USED Any Pistol within Range Rules that is specifically designed, manufactured and proofed for Black-Powder only and discharged by means of a “match”, “wheel”, “flint” or “percussion” lock only. Black-Powder or “Pyrodex”, or “Triple Seven” etc. only to be used as a propellant, no nitro powders. Calibres allowed are from .32” up to and including .70”
TEAM or INDIVIDUAL Individual.
HANDICAP APPLIED, YES or NO? No.
TARGETS TO BE USED Six PL12s
WHERE SHOT Any approved Range.
DISTANCE(S) AT WHICH SHOT 20 yards
AMMUNITION ALLOWED Any ball or bullet within Range Rules, but propellant MUST be Black-Powder or equivalent.
SIGHTS ALLOWED Fixed or adjustable “Iron” sights only. No optical or electronic sights are allowed.
SCORING As per scoring rings on target. The best 10 scoring shots on each target to count.
SIGHTERS ALLOWED Unlimited.
COURSE OF FIRE 12 shots on each of 6 separate targets, deliberate one-handed precision shooting with no support allowed.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS For safety reasons, that is so that 6 chambered revolver cylinders are fully loaded, 12 shots are taken at each target, of which the 10 highest scoring will count and the worst 2 are discarded.
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE The highest number of “V” Bulls, then the highest number of bulls, then 9s etc. combining all 6 targets.
REMARKS 1) The Competition runs from January 1st to December 31st each year. Shot cards MUST reach the organiser on
or before 31st December.
2) Competition stickers MUST be fixed to all targets in the centre on the back before shooting.
3) All cards MUST be dated, witnessed and signed before being handed in.
4) These Rules are designed for maximum participation with a simple course of fire open to all full members of
IWTSA affiliated Clubs.
5) All 6 cards must be shot to qualify for this competition.
6) Clubs will be notified of the results by the organiser and the winners honoured at the AGM in May each year.
7) Scoring will be decided by the organiser.
Click to here to Download Entry form for Black Powder Competition